If you hear yourself often saying any of the following things about sleep, please read on:
“I am not a good sleeper.”
“I wake up at 3 am and stay awake.”
“I am always tired.”
My husband, my mother, my father, and I have said all of these things numerous times in our lives. My husband and father both have Sleep Apnea. When treated with a CPAP machine, they have the quality and quantity of rest they need. My mother is a worrier. She can’t sleep because she’s thinking too much. That’s a bit of my problem as well, but I am like most mothers with small children…I am a light sleeper. I hear every sound. I use a fan, but I still hear every little noise.
According to “Causes of Sleep Problems” on WebMD:
Other factors that can interfere with sleep include:
- Genetics: Researchers have found a genetic basis for narcolepsy, a neurological disorder of sleep regulation that affects the control of sleep and wakefulness.
- Night shift work: People who work at night often experience sleep disorders, because they cannot sleep when they start to feel drowsy. Their activities run contrary to their biological clocks.
- Medications: Many drugs can interfere with sleep, such as certain anti-depressants, blood pressure medication, and over-the-counter cold medicine.
- Aging: About half of all adults over the age of 65 have some sort of sleep disorder. It is not clear if it is a normal part of aging or a result of medications that older people commonly use.
My doctor recently told me that everyone should be able to sleep through the night, for at least eight hours, without getting up to go to the bathroom. And if you can’t, you should see a urologist. While I don’t really believe that because every BODY is different, I do believe that we can achieve quality rest with easy and safe habits.
We’ve heard all the advice that makes complete sense, yet we don’t always follow it:
- only use your bedroom for sleep and sex…no TV, no electronics
- go to bed and wake up at the same time every day
- finish eating and drinking at least three hours before bedtime
- keep your bedroom cool and comfortable
These are all great. Here are some more you can add to the list.
- diffuse and apply essential oils, such as Lavender, Copaiba, Vetiver, and Cedarwood
- avoid stress in your life, especially before bedtime
- use meditation, prayer, or any calming ritual before bedtime and if you wake up and can’t get back to sleep
- invest in a quality comfortable mattress, like the GhostBed memory foam mattress
- consider sleeping with a fan or sound machine
- make sleep a priority in your life
These are all manageable habits. And the last one is simply a mindset. We think we can survive a day after a bad night sleep with caffeine, power drinks, and just pushing through, but we don’t have to and we shouldn’t. Sleep is a huge part of your lives. We are meant to spend about one third of our lives asleep. That’s a lot! Make it a priority. Find the ways that work for you. And get a good night’s sleep.
That’s an order.
Two Helpful Products for that Pain in the Neck…
When your neck hurts, life is difficult. You can’t turn your head to look behind you while you’re backing up in the car. During the night, you sleep funny so you wake up feeling more stiff than you did the day before. You feel like your neck can’t hold up that big heavy head of yours. It just kind of sucks.
Well, I have found two great solutions, or at least a great deal of relief.
PastTense Tension Blend: To help ground and balance emotions, PastTense uses a fresh, cooling aroma that can ease stressful feelings and promote a sense of calm.
Deep Blue Roll On Soothing Blend: Formulated to soothe and cool, doTERRA Deep Blue Roll On is an enriched blend of oils perfect for a massage after a long day or an intense workout. Applies easily with the roller-ball applicator.
Deep Blue Rub: doTERRA® Deep Blue Rub is a topical cream formulated with Deep Blue Soothing Blend of CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essential oils, natural plant extracts, and additional helpful ingredients that provides a comforting sensation of cooling and warmth to problem areas.
NextRelief Intense Cooling Formulation
NextRelief harnesses the power of arnica, aloe, tea tree oil, and more to soothe and relax your muscles and joints.
Deep Blue, Lemongrass, Past Tense
Thank you to Busy Beauty for my free sample of Showerless Shave Gel. There are a few things I like about it:
- the retro design and color scheme
- moisturizing effect after my shave
- perfect for those busy mom times when a shower isn’t possible
- razor can be rinsed later or if disposable, tossed out
Learn more at Busy Beauty:
- SHAVE WITHOUT WATER – no need to lather, rinse, or wash. Perfect for travel, exercise, small showers, mobility issues, or simply want to shave where is comfortable for you. No need for shower mirrors when shaving
- 3-IN-1 PRE-SHAVE, SHAVE AND POST-SHAVE moisturizing lubricants & lotion hydrate keeping your skin soft and looking refreshed.
- PERFECT FOR SENSITIVE SKIN – Contains soothing Natural Essential Oils of Eucalyptus, Clove, Ginger, Oat and Tea Tree mean no razor burn, no shaving irritation. no ingrown hairs and yes… smooth beautiful skin.
- ENVIROMENTALLY CONSCIOUS – Paraben free, alcohol free, cruelty free and 100% vegan.
- TSA APPROVED – 3.4 Oz Travel Size: easy to bring anywhere, on-the-go. Fits easily into a purse or bathroom cabinet.
Be prepared for ANY hairy situation.
Now you can shave anywhere, anytime without the need for water or a shower.
Whether you’re travelling, in a rush, find your shower stuff, or simply no in the mood, our Showerless Shave® Gel has you covered.
Essential Oils: Essential for Yoga…
So happy to have my new lavender and tea tree oils from New York Biology for use in my yoga class. I either waft the aroma through the room in a large class or use them for a gentle press or massage during Savasana. These oils are pure, concentrated, and so very soothing. The dropper that comes with both oils is much better than the tops I’ve used on other brands. It lets me better control the amount I dispense.
I also use it in my daughter’s bath water at night, as a perfume for me, and any time I need to feel more relaxed, calm, and centered.
Thank you to New York Biology for my free oils in exchange for this review.
More from New York Biology:
- 100% PURE, NATURAL, & AUTHENTIC Kashmir Lavender Oil steam distilled without any fillers or additives.LAVENDER WAS CULTIVATED IN THE KASHMIR REGION, the foothold of the Himalayan Mountains, being known as the FINEST & PUREST Lavender Oil in the world.THERAPEUTIC GRADE Triple Extra Quality Lavender Essential Oil is of the highest and purest quality.
OUR LAVENDER OIL is potent as having Linalool 31% & linalyl acetate 34%.
Lavender could be perhaps one of the most versatile herbs and essential oils in the world, and the therapeutic uses for its pure essential oil are seemingly endless.
Our Lavender Essential Oil was cultivated at the foothold of the Himalayan Mountains being known as the world finest and purest Lavender Oil. It contains Linalool 31% & linalyl acetate 34%.
- 100% PURE, NATURAL & AUTHENTIC Tea Tree Oil 45% terpenin-4-ol steam distilled without any fillers or additives.TEA TREE ESENTIAL OIL 45% terpenin-4-ol IS OF THE HIGHEST QAULITY IN THE WORLD.THERAPEUTIC GRADE TRIPLE EXTRA QUALITY.
OUR TEA TREE OIL is potent as having terpenin-4-ol 45%Tea tree oil comes from the evergreen leaves of the Australian Melaleuca alternifolia tree.
It has been known for its healing and disinfecting properties and a wealth of scientific evidence exists to support its effectiveness.
It is one of nature’s finest antibiotics because it is so effective at killing bacteria.
Our Tea Tree Essential Oil is Triple Extra Quality Therapeutic Grade. It is potent as having terpenin-4-ol 45%