Summer Solstice with my Mala Beads…
This week in yoga, I will celebrate the Summer Solstice and the Full Moon (this combination hasn’t happened in 70 years and will not happen again until 2094) with my new Mala Beads from Zeni Products. Why 108 beads?
- The distance between the sun and the earth is equal to 108 suns.
- The distance between the moon and the earth is equal to 108 moons.
- There are 108 pressure points in the human body.
- There were 108 volumes of wisdom written from the words of Buddha.
In some yoga classes around the world, they will do 108 Sun Salutations in a row! I’ll give my students a break on that. Maybe we’ll do 10…or 8…haven’t decided what mathematical trick I will use to bring the number down to a feasible amount. We practice gentle yoga, after all.
In any case, the beads will be with me providing the sun (active) and moon (passive) energy for our yoga practices. I often use this beautiful guided meditation from Yoga International:
“Close your eyes and imagine your mind as a still lake. A full moon rests at the point at the back of your head as in chandra bhavana, but now it shines a moonbeam onto the lake of your mind, which is then reflected out through the point between your eyebrows. Let this focused awareness shine from your calm, steady mind for a few rounds of breath.”
Product Description from Zeni Products:
- 108 8mm mala beads with a total circumference of 45 Inches.
Hangs about 1 foot below the average neckline.
Dark natural wood colored mala beads made from real Indian Agalwood.
Perfect for yoga, meditation, mantras etc…
- 100% Money Back Guarantee; If you are not completely satisfied with your mala bead necklace, simply return it for a full refund.