Growing Up on Throw Back Thursday…
My 49th birthday is in a few days. I found this photo from a blog post in July of last year, under which was typed, “I don’t wanna grow up.”
Well, because we all have to grow up and make our mark doing it, I thought I might share a few lesser known things about me, my life, my family, and my mark on the world.
- President William McKinley is my great, great, great Uncle by marriage.
- I’ve been a vegetarian for 24 years.
- When I was 15, my Dad took me to a Frank Sinatra concert. During a quiet moment, I stood up and yelled, “I love you, Frankie!”
- Four out of the seven members of my family have had cancer. None of us needed chemo and all of us are survivors.
- I’ve met two famous people…Celine Dion and John Tesh.
- My favorite number is seven and here’s why:
- I was born in the 7th month of 1967
- There are 7 years between me and my only sister
- There are 7 people in my immediate family
- There are 7 chakras
- And now, I get to include this: 7×7=49
But, I still don’t wanna grow up.
Thank you to “Flying Goannas” for your nomination of the One Lovely Blog Award. I live vicariously through you as you travel the world. And a huge congratulations for becoming grandparents! This might be your biggest adventure yet.
Seven facts about me:
- I became a first time mom at the age of 44. Emma is our only, wonderful child.
I am a retired dance educator of about 25 years. I miss it sometimes, but 25 years was enough.
- I have been blogging for about 6 months and LOVE it! I want to keep doing it and make a career out of it.
I come from a fairly large family…three brothers, one sister, five nieces, and one nephew. We are spread out across the country…North Carolina, Florida, Illinois, Nevada, California. My parents just celebrated their 55th Anniversary.
My husband, daughter, and I live in the third fastest growing community in the country. We love it. We have made so many friends in such a short time.
I own a small business, Oh BaBee! Originals. I design, create, and sell baby nursery décor and other whimsical décor for the home. I would love for you to visit my Etsy shop and my Oh Babee! blog.
I try to live a positive life, believing that there is much more good in the world than we know.
I now nominate the following blogs for this award:
MOMMY HAS TO WORK, GINZ & TONIC, CLICKY CHICK CREATES, DOODLES INVIGORATE, DO BETTER ALWAYS, JUST JUDY ART, WANDERING IRIS, SMITH CREATIVE, ORGANIC ITALIAN BLESSINGS, SEND SUNSHINE
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you
- List the rules and display the award
- Include seven facts about yourself
- Nominate around 15 (I’ve actually kept it to 10) other bloggers and let them know about the award
- Follow the blogger who nominated you (if not already!)
Phew! That was fun!